Au Revoir by Mthulisi Ncube

Image - naturallyrandom.onsugar.com

A heartache
As memories unfold
Memories of the days gone by;
The times that have passed

From the time we met
You were special to me
Tears of joy did I shed
A true friend I found in you

Minutes are grains of sand
Slipping all too quickly
Through our fingers
Leaving only memories

Hot tears streak
Down my cheeks
Gullies developed
As I think of our joys
The moments spent together

How pleasant
Our days were
How savouring
Each moment was
Had I the might
I’d turn back time

Your warm heart
Will be a treasure I guard
Your radiant smile
Will linger forever

Without You
Life will be a gray expanse of matter
Without a single ray of light
Something to be endured
And not enjoyed

That distant be , but a number
Let our thoughts unite
As we met to part
So it is in parting
That we meet again

Comments

Anonymous said…
Learn to treasure all special people but odds get too attached as the effects of a departure are so immense.

Popular posts from this blog

My Life By Michael Lee Johnson

Letter From The Other Side By Chris Chakwana