Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Days Past And... by Sdumie C Moyo

Image - madamenoire.com

Last night my heart thawed
When I felt your soft sultry lips brush against mine
It was like I drifted on a light cloud for a moment
The music in my heart was so piercing that I forgot my surroundings
Began to lose myself in you
You saw the flame in my eyes and smiled
You gave me a rose though it wasn`t Valentine’s Day
With the utmost passion
You told me you loved me though it wasn’t my birthday
Last night we slept under the stars and we both wished it to be everlasting

When I woke up, I was without your company
In my bed, with nothing but my blankets keeping me warm
My pillow tightly clutched to my chest
Reality began to sink in...
My delusion was the rerun of a time in my life when I thought I had found the one...
My Adonis Alpha Male
I can still taste your lips though they are just but a remote recollection
When you see me, instead of stopping to speak you pass me by with only a distant nod
I can’t help but be taken back to the time when you couldn`t take tour eyes off me
When saying ‘hi’ was never enough for you
I guess...you were the one for me then and not my forever after

I hate you for making me fall for you
I hate you for making me love you
Because of you, I always have to battle your ghosts that threaten my sanity
Because of you, I made a promise to myself; I will conquer your ghosts until you are distant memory from another lifetime and I will LOVE
Like I have never been hurt before!

2 comments:

nhau said...

nyc piece, ts beautiful pure art of wrds combined with emotions

Cheap Flights to Bulawayo said...

For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path that may have heart, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length--and there I travel looking, looking breathlessly.

ShareThis