Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Visions by Ereck Ndewere


The outlet opens a little
Against the copious flood
Stridently, I shout through the closing door
“Please help!”
The water level rises and rises, unabated
 “Help me, please help, I cannot open the door!”
My last lexis before I am swept off my feet
I breathe my last

Darkness!
Impenetrable darkness engulf me
Heart freezes, breathing stops
Eyes roll out as my feet become numb
Lights of the earth fade away
And my spirit bellows!
 “Is it beautiful out there?”
Riotous silence
Exit!
I leap over the Rubicon

Looking back
Pallbearers and mourners
Watch over my lifeless body,
As family, finances, pleasure
All the things I treasured
I have left behind
Reflections of  heaven and the angels
Bright orange lights do allure me.
What about hell,
The place reserved for evil doers?
Impregnable luminosity!
Drawn to it like a magnet
In manifestations of life and death



No comments:

ShareThis