Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Neo Soul...Monday Nights by Zibusiso Mpofu



It's Monday Night again
Can't chase the blues away
Hard working days
And my thoughts, a million miles away
The DJ is on again
Lifting my spirits sway
Into the sound clouds of reverberation
Conversation and monotone accumulation
Appreciation of  catalysed reactions
Forming sounds booms
And beats abounding at beat of my
Boomingly beautiful mind
These neo soul sounds
Soothe my saturated soul
Swaying it back and forth
To  soundless times in my mind's eye
So I'll dream, dream songs
And dream worlds
Drown baseless thoughts
And just...escape...
It's Monday night again
Can't chase the blues away
The DJ is on again
These neo soul songs
Soothe my spirits say...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

words from the soul. how touching

ShareThis