Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Through The Park by Busisiwe Khanyile


Through the park I did dwell
I loved a boy and loved him well
He came and took my heart from me
And now he wants to set me free...

One day, he had a strange girl on his knee
And told her things he never told me
Now I understand why
For she was far prettier that I...

I went home straight that night and said,
"Mother dear, I'm going to bed"
My father came home that night
He searched for me, from left to right
Through my bedroom door he broke
And saw me hanging from a rope...

"Oh daughter dear, what have you done?
You've killed yourself for one man's son"
He took a knife and cut me down
And on my dresser, this note was found...

Dig my grave, and dig it deep
Of marble stone from head to feet...
And on my stone place a dove
To show the world I died for love...

1 comment:

Mxolisi Magagula said...

this is one of the most amazing poems ever written. it shows that life brings so much talent. use it. keep it up Busi

ShareThis